Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The difference a week and a day makes.

Would you believe that people are STILL questioning my decision to have WLS??? First of all, because we don't walk around with our weights displayed on our foreheads you may not realize how heavy your cute little pudgy friend, daughter, wife, or mother actually is. Secondly, our culture of excess has desensitized many of us to believe that being fat is okay. Well, I am fat and I have nothing against fat people, but I have decided that it just isn't for me. I don't want to live my life as an obese woman, I want to be healthy and active and set a good example for those around me, not only my children but my extended family and friends as well. I just feel so much better when I eat healthfully and exercise, and when something is good, you want that for the ones you care about as well. Whew, glad I could vent.

So far this has been a great week. I have embraced my pureed foods and have been experimenting with different flavor combinations. I also found these cute little 2 ounce containers at family dollar that are great for portioning out my meals, and they were a dollar!Also, I was very excited to find liquid hair skin, and nails on Amazon!(y'all know I need my hair vitamins). DH and I also went to the YMCA today. The cardio room was closed, so I walked a mile and a half around the indoor track and it was great! I also did some arms and squats. I just cannot wait to get back to Zumba( I feel like I've said this before). I am so glad that I decided to blog about this whole experience, not only is it therapeutic for me, but hopefully I can help someone out there who is on the fence about WLS.That being said, below are my goals for the upcoming week.

Goals for next week.

1.Get weights for home
2.Get measuring tape and post measurements
3. Bake cookies for the children
4.Get all my fluids in (64 oz is a lot)
5.Buy myself a cute new dress!

I also wanted to post what I ate today just to give you an idea of what my current diet is like.

B: Scrambled egg (pushed through strainer)
S: 4oz protein shake(2 oz pre workout and 2oz post workout)
L: 2oz cream of chicken soup(strained)
S: 2oz Sugar Free pudding
D: 2oz Fat free re fried beans, 1 tsp of nacho cheese soup, 1 tsp of salsa, and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt(strained)
S: 4oz protein shake
S: SF Popsicle

Plus: 40oz of water, Liquid MVI twice daily and  Calcium citrate twice daily

To date I have lost a total of 31 pounds ,almost 9 since surgery. My current weight is 216.6 My highest weight(July) was 247!!! And I feel great!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing GREAT!!! When do you progress from strained foods? Am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete