Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Little plate, Photo whoring, and TMI


Photo Whoring-Alright now I'm 2 weeks post op and I have lost (drum roll please) 15 pounds!!! I know I said I wasn't going to get on the scale for a week but I put on these jeans (size18) that I had just worn three days ago and they felt looser, so what the heck I stepped on and the scale said 211.4!Well shut the front door, I was so excited it made me feel light headed . So I took a head shot today  to see if I could see some clavicle, what do you think? Any collarbone action going on there? Maybe just a little :)  This was taken just after the dentist so my jaw is a bit swollen. My brows are also a mess, I need to take care of that ASAP!

Now I don't want you all to think this is all about looks, that part is really just a cool side effect, but health wise I feel pretty good. The true test will be what happens when I get back to Zumba, which I had decided to wait one more week for so I don't risk re-herniating my hernia, if that makes any sense. I also decided to go forward with becoming a certified Zumba instructor, more details about that in February.

Little plate-I bought a saucer from the thrift store so I don't feel so silly eating a tablespoon full of food off of a huge dinner plate, so here is a photo of what I ate for dinner. Yes it is lacking in color, particularly green, but my tiny sleeve is still very sensitive to fiber rich foods, so no green veggies yet:(  This is one ounce of baked chicken, with cream of mushroom soup and one tablespoon of mashed potatoes. I did manage to eat it all in about 30 minutes and I was comfortably full. I always eat protein first and then carbs if there is room.

TMI!!!- This is gross but I just had to share because it is a part of my journey. DH, DS4, and I were perusing the Guitar Center the other day when BAM, my sleeve was giving me a sensation like I had never felt before. Not painful, but very uncomfortable. Now, I had up until this point considered this a good day. I was getting in my fluids I was about halfway to my protein goal and it wasn't even noon yet. Well I must have had too much, too early, or too close together, so I had to go and BAD. Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE public restrooms, especially when it comes to "the movement". So along with my girlish figure, my sleeve is also keeping me humble, cuz uh that is not cute! Also, I must be in ketosis, because my breath is F U N K Y!!! There is this gross metallic taste on my tongue, especially in the morning.I know if it tastes bad, it must smell even worse. I am brushing and gargling incessantly but it seems as if nothing helps, I'm going to try that Biotene stuff and see if that helps.

One last thing, I think the rapid synthesis of fat is releasing a large amount of estrogen into my bloodstream, because I have been a tad emotional lately. I had read about the VSG causing issues with relationships, not necessarily because of the weight loss, but the emotions involved. Between mourning my former BFF(food) and the hormonal changes, sometimes I want to punch my DH, DS1,2,and3( never DH4 he's just too darn cute)but, I remain prayerful and ask God to see me through.


I know I'm kind of all over the place, but be patient I'm trying to get it together, thank you for supporting me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment