Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holy Restriction!

Good day friends!!!
          This week went pretty well overall. I currently weigh 215.3 pounds and that is the lowest I have weighed in at least five years (maybe longer). I have also rediscovered my love for consignment shopping this past week. I cannot fathom the expense involved in replacing my wardrobe each month. I have changed dress sizes twice since September, my underwear are a bit loose (though I won't buy those used :), and even my shoes are a tad big. So we ventured out to a few thrift stores twice this week. We went to AmVets, The Salvation Army, and The Goodwill. Although The Goodwill is probably the biggest name in consignment,and the loser in my opinion... I found it a bit pricey( lol, I guess as pricey as a thrift store can get) and way too disorganized for my patience. Coming in second place is The Salvation Army Thrift store,I found a pair of nearly new Aeropastele jeans in a size 14(for the future) for $2! I also nabbed a cute little long sleeve tee with a pearl neckline for just a dollar. I also found a great suit jacket for DS3 for 2 bucks, so I would call that excursion a success. The winner in consignment stores this week is AmVets. I bought a ton of handmade Christmas ornaments and found those old school retro icicle garland for my tree. I also found a great wool dress in a size 16 that I wore to church today, I will post a picture of me in it! I would like to try Plato's Closet and Clothes Mentor this upcoming week. I'm pretty sure that Plato's Closet doesn't carry many plus sizes, but I saw a Clothes Mentor commercial today and they carry up to a size 26, so I will be taking a trip there in the very near future.
            I also started to really feel my sleeve this week. When I was on liquids and even some purees I would always under eat, I know I should hold about 3 ounces, so I would eat or drink no more than 2 at a time. Well, since I advanced to mushy two days ago I can really feel the restriction in my sleeve! I can eat maybe 3/4 of a soft scrambled egg, maybe an ounce of chicken(by volume not weight) and I am full for hours. While this may sound like a great thing, it poses a bit of a challenge when I need to get in 60grams of protein and 64 ounces of fluids plus vitamins and minerals. The preferred method of getting my protein is from food, I could certainly drink 60g of protein in a day, but I need to eat food. I never thought that eating enough would be an issue for me, go figure. I'm not complaining, just putting it in perspective.
           This Tuesday will be two weeks since I had my VSG and because I am an intelligent lady I know that I will not be losing a pound per day any more, so I have decided to weigh only once per week. I will do it on Tuesday mornings so that I can post it in the evening blog.
          Lastly, I just want to give a major shout out to my DS1. He is 14 years old and he has truly been a God send in my life! From the time he was born he has given me something to live for. When it comes to me he is completely selfless. He is always concerned about my well being, he is such a big help to me, and my number one supporter. I don't know what I would do without that young man. He is compassionate far beyond his years and I am glad to have him, so I dedicate this blog to him.
Hope we all have a wonderful and productive week!
                                                                                              Peace

Day 12 Post Op
215 Lbs.
This is the size 16 dress I bought for 5 dollars at Amvets.
I look a bit tired because I did a little dancing and shouting at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment