Friday, December 16, 2011

Wake up call!

Good Day Folks!

Today I went to the gym. I walked 0.75 miles and jogged 0 .25 miles, then I did 15 minutes on the stair climber, swam for a half hour and sat in the sauna. It felt great, well most of it. I did have some lower abdomen discomfort, like gas pains. I'm blaming it on the increased peristalsis secondary to the increased movement(the nurse in me speaking), it passed over time so now I'm fine. When I got home I logged my food into Sparkpeople, just to take stock and see where I am nutrition wise. Well what a wake up call for me! I consumed a whopping 364 calories, 16 grams of carbs, and 67 grams of protein. No wonder why I'm like a zombie by 7pm, I'm not getting nearly enough calories to keep with the demands of my life. So I'm going to try and squeeze another meal into my day to get me somewhere around 500-600 calories. I'm still working on finding a palatable protein supplement, I'm just sucking up for now because what I have on hand is pretty disgusting. I did mix some Vanilla stuff that I got for Vitamin World with 2oz of orange juice, 4oz of almond milk, and some frozen mango. That was delish, but not an everyday kind of thing because of the sugar. Since I did get a pretty good work out in today I think I deserve it and my body probably needs the extra protein as well. Oh yeah, I finally remembered to get a measuring tape so I will have DH measure me and will edit those numbers in later.

1 comment:

  1. India, when I think on people I once knew, I always knew you'd turn into an beautiful, strong woman who did amazing things! I check your blog everyday in case I miss a fb notification. You inspire me on my journey to become a healthy person. I can't wait to see your success on your journey... I am proud of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete